Today, I am thankful for financial stability. I don't say this to brag because I know there are plenty of others who are not in the same boat as us. I say this to testify about how good God has been to us. I truly feel that we have been blessed when it comes to finances and I believe a big reason that this has happened is because Craig and I made the commitment when we were first married that we would tithe 10 percent. It is God's money after all.
We are definitely not rich at all, but we do try to live within our means. The first year of marriage, we rented a home instead of buying one right away so we could have some savings first for a down payment. And after a year, we were blessed to find our home. We've had a truck and boat and sold a truck and boat this year! And because of this, we were able to purchase our used van without a loan. Unfortunately for Craig, he did inherit my college loan debt...that we are still paying off.
I am so thankful for my husband who likes to be conservative with our money. I'm thankful he isn't one to jump at making choices about how to spend it. We typically spend a lot of time researching and comparing the bigger purchases. It makes life a lot better to be married to someone who wants to be financially responsible and not have a huge debt because we feel the need to have the latest gadgets. We still have one of the cheapest phones available from AT&T, but that's ok!
So today, I'm thankful that we have been faithful to God and giving back to Him because He deserves it. We on the other hand, don't deserve His blessings, but He has also been faithful to us. He has blessed us beyond what we could imagine for our lives.

No comments:
Post a Comment