I'm specifically thankful for NPWC today. I've already written about the teens and how much they mean to me, but now I want to talk about the rest of the church. It's amazing to see how different the church is now from when we first came here. I'm not saying that my family did this turn around, but I know God has been working hard in the lives of the people here.
When we first moved here right after I graduated from college, Phil and I were in awkward times in our lives where we were graduated and didn't have families of our own yet. So it was hard to find friends and relate to people. Now almost 7 + years later, I'm so thankful for the friendships that I have made with a few of the ladies in the church over the last few years. They have been encouragers, prayer partners and advice givers.
And I'm thankful that we took the summer to discover a vison for NPWC. It seems like we are finally on track and excited about where things are going! God is doing great things! There's been hard times in the last 7 years, but God has brought our church through them and stronger in the end.
Today, as I prepare to celebrate Thanksgiving with my church family, I can't help but think that I am so blessed with the people of NPWC. I'm excited for our fellowship time over good food today!
No comments:
Post a Comment