Saturday, November 17, 2012

Day 16 of Thankfulness: Sleep

Today, I am thankful for sleep. I know when I was younger, I used to struggle to fall asleep during nap time. I didn't want to slow down...kinda like my daughter now. But I quickly realized how awesome sleep was. I loved to sleep in on Saturday mornings. I usually loved going to bed at night. And nap time  became a daily activity in college.

But now that I am a mom, I value the sleep I get so much more. Cora's always been a pretty good sleeper...except when she's teething, sick or having nightmares. She would usually only wake up once or twice as a baby to be nursed. Now she usually goes to sleep between 7:30 & 8:30 and sleeps about 12 hours. Plus she still naps at least one time, sometimes twice a day for a couple hours. I love spending time with her when she's awake since she's such an awesome kid, but I also LOVE when she sleeps too. I can get things accomplished and sometimes take a short nap myself. I love that Craig and I have a good 4 hours or so to spend alone in the evenings after she goes to sleep. Although, there are some nights where I'm just so exhausted that I'm asleep way sooner than I expected to be! I also no longer get to sleep in. That was actually something I gave up when I was pregnant. It is kinda hard to sleep in when you got a little body poking on your bladder all night. But the lack of sleep is worth the chance to be a mommy.

1 comment:

  1. This is all so true! I am looking forward to the day when I can sleep in again, but enjoying the sleepy days I have now. Love my kids

    ReplyDelete